Wednesday, May 5, 2010

As Good As It's Gonna Get



Everytime I see a T3 on campus, I immediately think of Paul Blart: Mall Cop. Kevin James' portrayal of a bumbling, super-serious rent-a-cop describes in a nut shell some of the "security" we have on campus. Last Wednesday I missed class because the parking structure was a disaster and Paul Blarts were redirecting everyone from the third floor back out. I could only mask my frustration with laughter, as I remembered something my friend said while covering a story on T3's on campus not too long ago. And I quote:
"I was super excited to finally track down an 'officer' with a T3, but then I realized he was really fat and speeding toward the food place on campus. Oh well."
Horrible, yet so funny at the same time...
Anyway, this brings me to my point. I was bummed that I missed Sleeper. As the semester wraps up, the circle completes as well. I believe I posted a clip from this Woody Allen film in my first post. Maybe it's because it was my introduction to Woody Allen that this film struck me as my favorite of his. Maybe because I like the fruit scene all too much.



Regardless, I felt like I didn't know Allen in January. I still don't, but I have a firmer grasp on the self-deprecating man with a Jesus-complex. Ironic, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment